JVC are pleased to announce the availability of a new firmware update for the GY-HM600 that adds a second camera mode which optomises the camcorder for use in ideal lighting situations. Also included are a range of new features and the correction for 1080 25p recording.
Pre-Defined shooting modes to give the user instant access to optimum settings for the most common applications:
– “Standard Mode”: For shooting under controlled lighting conditions optimizes iris range and gain for best results.
– “Extended Mode”: For news shooting under non ideal lighting situations with the emphasis on maximum gain and image capture under difficult conditions.
– New “Flash Band Compensation” function for Photo Flash
– New “Focus Assist” function while in “Full Auto” mode
Various improvements of camera functionality and signal processing for even better performance and image quality.
– Bug fix for 1080p25 scanning mode
The firmware should be downloaded onto an empty, formatted SD/SDHC card for installation in the camera. Full instruction are included with the file. The update can easily be done by your customers in the field and units will not be required to be returned to either JVC or to dealers. Customers are required to register their unit to gain access to the firmware as part of the download process.
Let me explain…
In Standard mode you will not be able to access -3 and -6dB, it only starts at 0dB but the overall noise has been reduced..less sensitive but better pictures. Best image performance in normal lighting conditions.
In Extended mode you get -3dB, -6dB giving you more manual control over your gain, increases sensitivity for low light.
NOTE : Many of you were hoping for 1080 50p well this has not been dismissed, JVC Japan are looking into this so lets hope they can work this into the 600 range sometime during 2013 along with syncro scan.