This is Sony’s idea of a user friendly 4K upgrade path…
CBKZ-X70FX is the 4K Upgrade Option for PXW-X70. This option allows X70 to activate 4K(QFHD) XAVC Long GOP recording capability.
In this guide, the way to install the option on the PXW-X70 is described. Follow the steps below for the installation.
- Register with the dedicated website “eCSite.”
- Acquire the Install Key from “eCSite.”
- Install the option on the PXW-X70 by the install key.
• To use the 4K (QFHD) recording function, the software version of the PXW-X70 needs to be Ver. 2.00 or later. Confirm the software version of the camcorder you are using.
• To confirm the software version, operate the camcorder as follows:
Press the MENU button select the (OTHERS) menu [VERSION DISPLAY].
• When the software version is earlier than Ver. 2.00, update the software first. For details on how to update, see the Sony Website for professional products.
Enter the website below and complete the registration by following the on-screen instructions. If you have already registered, proceed to the next step, “Acquiring the Install Key.”
- You need your user ID, name, e-mail address, company name, and country/area information to register.
- You will receive an approval e-mail containing a password. It may take awhile until you receive the e-mail.
- Carefully keep the registered user ID and password
- Acquiring the Install Key
- Access “eCSite” and select “Enter The Site.” https://www.ecspert.sony.biz
- Input the “User ID” and “Password” you have registered, and select “Login.”
- Select “Install Key Request” in the top left of the screen.
- Select “XDCAM-Camcorders” from the “Category” pull-down menu
Select “CBKZ-X70FX” from the “Model Number” pull-down menu, and select “Search.”
Confirm that “CBKZ-X70FX” and “4K UPGRADE LICENSE” are shown in the “Model Name” and “Description” fields respectively.
Input “Purchase Key” and “Unique Device ID,” and select “Next.”
- The purchase key is the alphanumeric code shown in the SOFTWAREPURCHASE KEY NOTIFICATION e.g. 2AC3BD3820B1
- You can check the unique device ID by operating the camcorder as follows:Press the MENU button – select the (OTHERS) menu – [OPTION].Check your input on the “Confirmation” screen.Note
• The install key is issued even if you input the “Unique Device ID” incorrectly, however, you cannot install the option (4K (QFHD) recording function) on the camcorder. Be sure to check the input and to correct it if it is incorrect.
Select “OK” after you have checked the input.
- The message “Completed your Install key request” is displayed.
- You will receive the following as individual attachments to tworespective e-mails.
– Install key notification (a PDF file)
– Install key list (a file without an extension)e.g.) CBKZ-X70FXINSTALLKEY_20150301123401234
Installing the Option on the Camcorder
1 Use a PC to copy the ”Install key list” (a file without an extension) you have received via e-mail onto the root directory of a Memory Stick or an SD card.
2 Insert the Memory Stick or SD card that contains the install key list into the memory card slot A of the camcorder.
3 Press the MENU button of the camcorder select the (OTHERS) menu [OPTION] [INSTALL OPTION] [OK].
4 Select [OK] again.
• The camcorder reboots and installing the option completes.
• If you have failed to install the option because the unique device ID you input was incorrect, or etc., please contact us from the “Contact us” portion of the web site shown below.
Sony Professional products web site home page: U.S.A.: http://pro.sony.com Canada: http://www.sonybiz.ca Latin America: http://sonypro-latin.com Europe, Middle East, and Africa:
http://www.pro.sony.eu Japan: http://www.sonybsc.com Asia Pacific: http://pro.sony-asia.com Korea: http://bp.sony.co.kr China: http://pro.sony.com.cn