Ki Pro Quad Delivers Future-Proof Recording, Making 4K Workflows Efficient, Affordable and Portable.
Las Vegas, NV, NAB Conference, Booth SL3305 (April 16, 2012)-AJA Video Systems announced Ki Pro Quad, a new solid-state portable video recorder at NAB Show 2012. Ki Pro Quad is capable of capturing high-quality edit-ready files in formats including 4K (4096 x 2160), Quad HD (3840 x 2160), 2K (2048 x 1080), and HD (1920 x 1080), for the fastest path from camera-to-editorial with 10-bit 4:4:4 and 10-bit 4:2:2 color support.
Ki Pro Quad Overview:
- 4K/Quad HD/2K/HD Solid State Video Recorder
- Supports 10-bit 4:4:4 and 10-bit 4:2:2
- RAW support
- Debayer and ProRes encode to on-board SSD
- Realtime pass-through of RAW data via Thunderbolt
- Uncompressed and debayered 4K monitoring output
- Dedicated HD monitoring via SDI and HDMI
- Record to edit-friendly 4K, 2K, or HD ProRes files on removable SSD media
- Offload ProRes files to your non-linear edit system via AJA Thunderbolt SSD reader
Ki Pro Quad Workflow:
- Camera outputs 4K RAW over SDI
- Ki Pro Quad accepts 4K RAW over SDI
- Ki Pro Quad performs debayer processing of RAW
- Debayered image is used for on-board compressed recordings to SSD media
- Debayered image is used for 4K monitoring output
- Debayered image is used for scaled/cropped HD monitoring via SDI and HDMI
- RAW signal is passed from camera to Ki Pro Quad and out via Thunderbolt to computer/storage
- Further manipulation of RAW is made possible via Canon software tools
- HD, 2K, and 4K compressed recordings made to SSD media may be used directly in popular non-linear editors
Ki Pro Quad will be available later in 2012 through AJA’s worldwide network of resellers for an MSRP of $3,995 US. For a complete set of features and technical specifications, please visit www.aja.com.