HDW : This should have been the standard kit lens on the Sony FS7 from day one in my opinion. It was only through users moaning to Sony that this lens was eventually produced.
Sebastian Wöber is a director and DP, studied at Filmacademy Vienna and is passionate about harnessing the potential of filmmaking tech to create powerful cinematic work with limited resources. He is co-owner of cinema5D.
Sebastian “Pros and Cons I found during my Sony 18-110mm review”
- Stunning 4K at F/4 – Very good optical quality with Sony cameras due to lens compensation
- No focus shift during zoom
- Lens elements are internal
- Almost no breathing
- Manual operation of focus, zoom and aperture
- Good optical image stabilizer
- Quick-release tripod mount is convenient
- Cinema-standard gearing on focus ring
- Lightweight and robust
- Very small in comparison to other lenses with similar functionality
- Near limit of 0.95m (37.4″) is very inconvenient
- Servo zoom rocker is flimsy and not smooth enough
You can see Sebastian’s full review here https://www.cinema5d.com/sony-18-110mm-review-versatile-video-cine-zoom/