Once again we are about to be told by all the vendors that we must keep up with the times and enter HDR Video or 8K cameras…
Only this week SmallHD are showing off some nice new HDR monitors.
High Dynamic Range to give it its expanded name is the ability of a monitor to show the full spectrum of not only colour but the ability to show far better detail in the overall blacks and whites, giving the viewer a far more realistic picture. Most domestic TVs are around 450nits while the new range of HDR TVs are around the 1000nit mark. A nit is a unit of visible-light intensity.
We now have projected 8K camcorders arriving soon as well as 8K DSLRs, this is the picture Japan wants you to take on board as its their future also. We are all going down the 8K route like it or not.
I can see a great reason for 8k with virtual zoom on an HD camera similar to the feature seen on the JVC LS300 giving you a 4x virtual zoom at 8K.
Premiere Pro is being upgraded to edit 8K footage, Adobe has revealed new features across its Creative Cloud tools for video editing, motion graphics, audio and collaboration. Media and entertainment companies are combining these advanced content creation capabilities with Adobe Primetime to help deliver TV and video content across screens.
Other feature highlights coming soon to Creative Cloud include:
- Edit immediately during ingest allows Premiere Pro CC users to get straight to work, while importing their video and audio files in the background.
- Powerful proxy workflows in Premiere Pro CC and Adobe Media Encoder CC enable users to easily work with heavy 8K, HDR and HFR media, so editors can switch between native and proxy formats freely – even on lightweight machines.
- Enhanced Lumetri™ Color tools within Premiere Pro CC adds HSL Secondaries to expand the editor’s toolkit for making color correction and adjustment easier for all filmmakers.
- New video and audio preview engine in After Effects CC delivers superior playback of cached frames for a smooth experience.
- Easier and more efficient Character Animator includes a simplified puppet creation process that enables users to easily tag puppet layers easily and record multiple takes of a character’s movement. Users can animate puppets to respond to motion and trigger animation accordingly.
- New Essential Sound panel in Audition CC enables anyone to mix audio content with professional results.
- Quickly find Adobe Stock assets with new filtered search in Creative Cloud Libraries. Licensed assets in your library are now badged for easy identification, videos are displayed with duration and format information, and saved videos are linked to video previews on the Adobe Stock site
Lets hope Adobe update Encore to allow us to burn 4K and 8K Blu-Ray disks.
We are only this year getting our hands on 4K Blu-Ray players but I have yet to source a 4K BR burner.
Not many people are tooled up for 4K let alone 8K but the numbers keep doubling year in year out even although theres very little use at this time for 8K.