The latest additions to the Canon range of professional video camcorders, the XF205 and XF200 offer excellent optical performance and broadcast quality output in a small form factor. Building on many of the features previously found in Canon Cinema EOS Digital Cinema Cameras and HD camcorders, the XF205 and XF200 break new ground in cameras of this size with the focus being on image quality with the maximum of versatility and flexibility.
WHO ARE THEY FOR?
Ideally suited to newsgathering, documentary and independent filmmakers as well as videographers across a wide range of disciplines, the XF205 and XF200 professional camcorders feature the very latest in Canon camcorder technology, enabling single operators to maintain flexibility and fast reactions to quickly changing events.
With their small form factor, the XF205 and XF200 are engineered to meet the high standards demanded for broadcast quality production. Thanks to the latest DIGIC DV4 processor, and a raft of performance-led features such as a 20x zoom wide-angle lens (offering a 26.8-576mm focal length range), and a 1/2.84-type 2.91 Megapixel HD CMOS Pro sensor for outstanding dynamic range and low-light performance, the XF205 and XF200 are designed to be used in challenging situations.
- 20x f/1.8 wide-angle zoom lens for amazing long-distance shots
- HD CMOS Pro sensor provides outstanding image quality, even in low light
- Compact, lightweight design, with 3-ring lens operation and rotatable grip
- OLED display and 1.23m dot viewfinder enable precise monitoring
- Share content easily via built in WiFi or Ethernet; record proxy files directly to other devices
- Dual format recording: broadcast standard 50Mbps MPEG2 codec, plus MP4 in HD or SD
- Genlock, Timecode, and 3G-SDI terminals for multi-cam integration1
- Wide DR gamma helps to avoid over-exposure
- 4-channel audio recording; 2 XLR inputs
- Infrared shooting mode, with enhanced IR lamp