Canon’s Cinema EOS System makes its Hollywood debut with an all-star cast featuring seven new 4K EF Cinema Lens models: four zoom lenses covering a wide zoom range from 14.5 mm to 300 mm-two models each for EF and PL lens mounts-and three single-focal-length lenses for EF mounts. All seven new lenses deliver exceptional 4K (4096 x 2160 pixels) optical performance and offer compatibility with Super 35 mm-equivalent sensors. Additionally, the three single-focal-length lenses can be used with cameras equipped with 35 mm full-frame sensors.
The Canon EOS C300/C300 PL is an all new digital cinema camera available in two models: the EOS C300, equipped with an EF lens mount for compatibility with the wide array of lenses that make up Canon’s current interchangeable EF lens lineup; and the EOS C300 PL, offering a PL lens mount for use with industry-standard PL lenses. The camera features a Super 35 mm-equivalent approximately 8.29-megapixel CMOS sensor ideally suited for digital cinematography.
Equipped with a 35 mm full-frame CMOS sensor and supporting the recording of 4K video* (at a frame rate of 24P, with Motion-JPEG compression), the next-generation digital SLR camera currently under development will enable exceptional image quality for the creation of innovative and expressive images. Additional details, including the product name, specifications and scheduled launch date, have yet to be decided.
- 8.3 Megapixel Super 35mm Canon CMOS sensor optimised for high-quality Full HD imaging
- Compatibility with Canon’s wide range of EF lenses (C300)
- Compatibility with industry-standard PL lens mount (C300 PL)
- Three built-in ND filters
- Compact, modular design. Lightweight 1669g (C300)/1869g (C300 PL) body only
- Broadcast-ready 50Mbps MPEG-2 MXF (4:2:2) recording to two CF cards
- High sensitivity: low noise images at up to ISO 20,000
- Extensive image customisation, including built-in Canon Log Gamma
- Robust, splash-resistant body with magnesium alloy components
- PAL, NTSC and 24.00p modes as standard. Slow/fast motion adjustable in 1fps steps
- WiFi remote control shooting capabilities
- Seamless workflow integration
Please click here to take a tour around the C300 and C300 PL Digital Cinema Cameras.
* Cropped to APS-H-equivalent size (dimensions measuring approximately 80% vertically and horizontally of a 35 mm full-frame sensor) when recording in 4K.
|Product category||Model||Mount type|
|EF Cinema Lenses||CN-E14.5-60mm T2.6 L S||EF mount|
|CN-E14.5-60mm T2.6 L SP||PL mount|
|CN-E30-300mm T2.95-3.7 L S||EF mount|
|CN-E30-300mm T2.95-3.7 L SP||PL mount|
|CN-E24mm T1.5 L F||EF mount|
|CN-E50mm T1.3 L F||EF mount|
|CN-E85mm T1.3 L F||EF mount|
|Digital Cinema Cameras||EOS C300||EF mount|
|EOS C300 PL||PL mount|
|Digital SLR Camera (under development)||TBD||EF mount|