Dont ask me why there was a secret on this camcorders price. Very few of us are working because of this pandemic so there is not a lot of spare cash going around.
Today we finally got the official price of the new Full Frame Sony FX6 at a reasonable price of £5994 incl. vat.
Sony FX6 ILME-FX6 – Full-Frame Cinema Line Camera. The Sony FX6 provides cinematic expression to professional filmmakers and freelancers of tomorrow. With a light and modular body, it seamlessly adapts to your style of shooting without compromising on video quality. It records outstanding 4K full frame quality at up to 120p with minimal rolling shutter, excellent low light capabilities (up to 409,800 ISO) and a wide dynamic range thanks to its 10.2 MP Exmor R CMOS sensor and new Bionz XR processor. It allows for more shooting expressions with the inclusion of S-LOG3 and S-CINETONE picture profiles defining a new era of Cinema line cameras from Sony. The Sony FX6 also provides more freedom for shooting videos with a fast and accurate Autofocus technology including Real-time Eye Autofocus, Real-time touch tracking and customisable autofocus tracking sensitivity. It also includes a unique Variable ND filter to maintain a cinematic look and changing lighting environments for more creative expressions.
The FX6 takes both SDXC cards and CF Express Type A cards Alister Chapman advises users to only use Sony cards…
Alister Chapman : Use the cards Sony recommends. You are playing with fire trying to get away with other cards. The big risks are A : Losing footage and B: Ending up with no media as the capacity has gone to zero.
- 4K 10.2 megapixel full-frame back-illuminated CMOS Exmor R™ sensor , 15+ stop dynamic range, ISO expandable to 409,600 for low light conditions
- 627 points phase-detection AF, Real-time Eye AF
- 4K (QFHD) high-frame-rate 120fps recording
- XAVC-I 4:2:2 10-bit class 300 internal recording, DCI 4K/QFHD 16bit RAW output with 12G-SDI
- BIONZ XR™ image processing engine optimised for mobile movie shooting style
- S-Log3/S-Gamut3, S-Gamut3.Cine for post production flexibility
- Built-in electronic Variable ND Filter controlled from 1/4ND to 1/128ND linearly, or set to auto
- Magnesium body and frame for high durability with light weight
- The Sony Cinematic Look: Full-frame 4K recording at up to 120p with S-CINETONE picture profile
- Outstanding 4K Expression: 4K 120p, 10-bit 4:2:2 recording, up to 15+ stops dynamic range, Variable ND filter, LUTs input
- Fast, Precise and Customisable Autofocus System: Fast Hybrid AutoFocus , Real-time Eye AF, Touch tracking Autofocus, Customisable Autofocus sensitivy,
- Designed for Professional Workflow: 890g compact and light weight modular body gives you outstanding mobility, reliability and expandability
- High Connectivity: 16bit RAW output, 12G SDI, HDMI, USB-C, WiFi, LANC, 2x XLR, Mi-Shoe, E mount
Our good friends over at Cine D have done a great 1st review of The Sony FX6
A wee look at Philip Blooms take on the new Sony FX6