Once again Sony update the a6300 to the a6500 and still NO HEADPHONE socket. Why are Sony missing the plot as this would have been an excellent Vloggers camera with a headphone socket.
It also sports the multi interface shoe capable of using the Sony XLR-2KM sound unit ?
The camera gains 5-axis image stabilization which continues to work in both stills and video. The system is rated as offering 5 stops of stabilization, by CIPA standard testing.
When used in conjunction with stabilized ‘OSS’ lenses, the in-lens stabilization takes over correction of the axes that is can stabilize, though Sony makes no claims for this adding to the degree of stabilization offered.
Detailed specs of the Sony Alpha A6500
- 24.2MP APS-C sensor (1.5x crop factor).
- 5-axis in-camera stabilization (compatible with E-mount and A-mount lenses with A mount adapter).
- 4K up to 25p at 100Mbps
- HD up to 120fps at 100Mbps
- 425-point auto focusing
- Slow & Quick frame rate control.
- 4K and HD photo pull from video clips.
- Touchscreen controls
- 0.05 second auto focus speed
- High density focus tracking
- New buffer for faster continuous photo bursts and quicker image playback.
- ISO range from 100-25600 (up to 51200 expanded).
- No headphone out.
- Menu redesign with grouped features.
Full HD and 4K 25p same as the a6300 and good in low light.