Behind the scenes at Hampden Park’s historic SFL meeting

My son Scott runs the Footy Blog.net and wanted to cover this historic meeting at Hampden Park where the fate of Glasgow Rangers was to unfold. I was using the Canon XF305 for the first time, the camera performed well but I still have a few tweeks to get the exposure spot on.

Our angle was less of a news item but more of a behind the scenes…how the media covered the day. This is my take on the day and Scott edited his own version which you can see here   http://www.thefootyblog.net/2012/07/14/sfl-decision-day-caught-on-film/

1. mark says:

Nice pic from this cam but them hi-lites blow out quite easy – not what you’d expect from a broadcast cam like this. maybe the 1/2″ chips in EX1 are worth sticking with after all – if only it did 50mbs it would kill the comp. dead. I do wonder if sony can’t see the wood for the trees!

2. Ross says:

Well done, great little piece. I see you have a shot of Mike Edwards, a reporter. I have some footage of him scoring at Hampden playing for the Reporters team, years ago now!

3. Dan says:

many thanks for BTS

please post more videos like this

4. Denis Hiza says:

What Kind of Mic setup the reporter is using? Thanks

5. VonRiesling says:

Great behind the scenes stuff, much appreciated. I look forward to your analysis of the 305.

6. Great insight & thanks for taking the time to do this. It just shows how mashed up the market is right now. Gone are the days of Sony, Sony and another Sony…

7. Tim says:

The highlights surprised me. Not what I would have expected from the 305.
    I agree shoulder mount, although steady can be really bad for your back. Please tell me Philip, how do you find holding a handheld camera like the XF305 at eye level ergonomically better?

8. HD Warrior says:

She had a shotgun mic on a mic stand with a Rycote softie.

9. HD Warrior says:

I think the highlights were me over compensating as I was not used to the LCD on the XF305, I have since looked at other web footage and its not as bad.