The Apple iPhone video camera just got 100 times better thanks to Blackmagic Design and best news is its free !
No more crappy Vertical shots this app lets you film 16:9 holding your iPhone in its natural position…brilliant ! Downside is you loose a fair bit from your wide lens as seen above.
You can enable Vertical Video in settings but I personally hate this type of framing.
This is an iPhone video game changer in my opinion, forget ProCam etc. Blackmagic Camera is free and for filming with the iPhone its the dogs bollox. Check out Blackmagic Design at the Apple APP store.
Note…will run on iPhone 11 upwards.
Updated this week to Blackmagic Camera 1.2
- Control dials now offer haptic feedback and higher accuracy.
- Support for 6 additional languages, including Chinese, Japanese, and Spanish.
- Improved layouts for iPhones with display zoom enabled.
- Improved animations for player and slate views in all iPhone models.
- Improved animations for stealth mode in smaller iPhone models.
- Improved organization and grouping of camera settings.
- Support for selecting a specific onboard microphone.
- Support to maintain zebra, peaking, and false color during recording.
- Support for flipping the image for SLR lenses.
- Support for flicker-free shutter presets for 50 and 60 Hz settings.
- Support for recording clips with LUT and tagging color space.
- Ability to export and import camera settings presets.
- Improved grid controls with horizon detection.
- Selectable time-lapse duration in settings.
- Ability to drag clips between projects in the media panel.
- Support for iOS shortcut automation workflows.
- Multiple fixes for recording HUD.
- Apple Log to Rec.709 LUT is now included.
- Ability to turn off uploads when on data.
- General performance and stability improvements.