Have you ever uploaded a video, then realized you needed to make a change to it? Vimeo allows you to replace a video after it has been uploaded without losing that video’s stats. This can be very helpful if you realize you made a mistake in your video, or something like a name needs to be updated.
When you upload your video to YouTube, it cannot be changed without completely deleting the file and re-uploading. This means that you will lose all of your views and stats in the process. If you use YouTube, double and triple check spelling and content, because once you post it, you can’t fix it! I have been hoping for a long time that YouTube will activate this feature, but so far, it hasn’t happened.
Vimeo has a REPLACE THIS VIDEO button so why does You Tube not adopt the same technology ?
- Large mix of users, don’t always get constructive comments, feedback
- Offer free version to join and a $10/month ad free version
- Cannot replace a video with a new version and maintain analytics, but you can trim
- Ads everywhere!
- Can schedule release times, unlisted & private options
- You Tube will pay you if you MONETIZE your video once you get enough views or subscribers.
- A professional community of users that offer constructive feedback
- Free, or Paid Tiers: Plus, PRO, Business – Each have varied storage limits
- You can replace a video without losing stats
- No ads
- Password protected option, plus many more
- Vimeo has an ON DEMAND feature which allows you to post a video like a training video and customers pay to view it.
Could it be that You Tube deliberately don’t want you to update a video and lose all your stats so they don’t have to pay you, who knows I just hope the replace this video arrives sooner than later. You Tube should give you a time limit of 12-24 hours to be able to change a video that way at least you have time to change a video if you inadvertently discover a gaff in your video.
For all your video production needs in Scotland, get in touch with Small Video Productions