Sony announce a new NXCAM camcorder, Camera remote and Switcher for IBC 2016
Sony has today announced the launch of its latest NXCAM camcorder, the Full-HD handheld HXR-NX5R. Providing rich colour imagery and high sensitivity, the model features…
- 3 x 1/2.8-type Full HD Exmor CMOS sensors and 40x Clear Image Zoom function
- 3G-SDI terminal that supports Full HD 60p output
- Digital signal processor (DSP)and advanced noise reduction
- Price expected to be about £2800
Sony has also announced the release of its new compact multi-function remote commander, introduced to help enhance and expand the possibilities of multi-camera shoots and provide increased creative options, the RM-30BP lightweight remote can be handheld, placed on a table or attached to a tripod arm for operation. The RM-30BP can control most camera functions including…
- Lens control: one push auto / manual focus, iris and zoom control
- Camera control: recording / display functions, shutter speed, white balance – including six assignable buttons
- Playback and multi camera control (up to 3 cameras)
- Price expected to be about £830
And finally, Sony has unveiled its latest Multi Camera Live Producer. The MCX-500 includes a wide-range of functionality along with an easy-to-use interface, to give operators the flexibility to easily cover different types of productions. It is a 4 channel video switcher that offers users the option to select from 9 inputs, including 4x 3G-SDI, 2x HDMI and 2x CVBS. It also has an SDXC card recorder built in recording 8bit 4:2:0 pictures. All you need to record your production is an SD card, affordable and widely available with no need for an external recorder. As soon as the shoot wraps, you can provide the customer with a high quality AVCHD or XAVC S 50Mbps* recording to archive, re-broadcast or even re-edit into a highlights package on any leading non linear editing software.
- Price expected to be about £2000
Note XAVC S with version 2 firmware.