We are now up to 50MP when this Canon 5Ds appears in the shops, quite stunning, video specs are 1080 30p (25p) nothing to set the heather alight. I hope Canon are finally getting back to making good photographic tools, as there are far too many large sensor video cameras around now.
There is no headphone socket in either model so is totally useless for serious video work…mind you it does sport time-lapse (TL) which is still the preferred tool for TL work.
There are two models the 5Ds and the 5Ds R, same old trick as with Nikon, the 5Ds R is better for photographic use.
- 50.6mp full frame CMOS
- 53mp total resolution
- 5DS R has no low pass filter
- AF 61 points (41 points cross type)
- ISO 100-6400 (extended with ISO50 and 12800)
- Dual DIGIC 6
- 3.2 inch LCD 1.04 million pixels
- RAW (50MP), M-RAW (28MP), S-RAW (12.4MP)
- CF (UDMA7), SD / SDHC / SDXC (UHS-I)
- Crop modes 1.3x and 1.6x
- 100% field of view
- Magnification 0.71 times, the eye point 21 mm
- Electronic Level
- Grid display
- EV-2 support.
- Itr AF
- Time-lapse movie
- Bulb timer
- Face recognition during live view
- 150,000 pixel RGB-TR metering sensor
- 252 zone TTL metering
- EOS iSA system
- Shutter speed is 30 seconds -1/8000 seconds
- Synchro is 1/200 sec
- Continuous shooting 5 frames / sec
- Video 1920×1080 30fps (ALL-I or IPB)
- Mini HDMI output terminal
- External microphone terminal
- Battery LP-E6N / LP-E6
This is why we are getting a £4760 drop in the price of the Canon 1Dc to £7240, though its still far too dear in my opinion.
For all your video production needs in Scotland, get in touch with Small Video Productions