Panasonic’s HC-X1000 4K DCI/Ultra HD/Full HD Camcorder can help ease your transition, or allow you to jump right into 4K. The camera shoots and records cinema 4K at a true 24p, and UHD at broadcast compatible frame rates, so it fits smoothly into your existing broadcast workflow. The HC-X1000 features a 1/2.3″ MOS sensor that is always shooting at 4K resolution, and uses its two built-in Venus processing engines to scale the 4K image for Full HD delivery.
The built-in 20x Leica Dicomar lens features four lens groups, and electronically linked geared iris rings for manual control. The camera supports two optical image stabilization modes, one for 4K, and a different mode when shooting in HD, Two viewfinders provide you a choice when operating the camera with either a traditional tilt up color EVF, or a pull out LCD high resolution touch screen. The LCD touchscreen is positioned above the lens for a more natural viewing experience when shooting handheld.
The camera records in .mp4, .mov, or AVCHD codecs, and features dual SD media card slots. Please note that Panasonic recommends using SDXC cards rated as UHS-1 U3 for recording at the highest bit rates. The camera incorporates two SD card slots, allowing you to use relay recording, simultaneous recording and when recording HD you can use Panasonic’s background recording mode.
- In 4K recording mode the camera utilizes Power O.I.S., checking and compensating for handshake up to four thousand times a second. In HD mode the camera employs 5-axis hybrid O.I.S. compensating for side-to-side, up-down, forward-back handheld shake.
- The HC-X1000 features electronically linked zoom, focus, and iris rings on the lens. The rings are textured for better tactile feel, and the movement and control of the rings simulate the feel of mechanically linked lenses.
- The camera features built-in selectable physical filters, a clear, 1/4, 1/16, and 1/64th ND for exposure control when shooting outdoors.
- The camera records in either MP4, MOV or AVCHD Progressive. It will only record in 4K/UHD using the mp4 codec, however, all codecs support recording in full HD. MP4 & MOV recording support a 200 Mb/s all intra frame codec, which requires less computing power to playback.
- A built-in IR emitter and IR recording mode allow you to shoot at 4K, and HD, in complete darkness without any visible light, although your images will have that familiar greenish IR look to them.
- An illuminated ring lets your subject know when you are recording by changing from blue to red. Although this is pleasant in appearance, this feature can be disabled in the camera’s menu.
- Camera Assist Functions:
- Histogram: Displays the image as a brightness graph.
- Zebra: indicates areas of overexposure by overlaying a striped pattern on the overexposed portion of the image.
- The built-in electronic color bars allow you to calibrate your monitors, and can be recorded for playback.
- You can activate a level indicator overlay, which can be useful to check the camera is level when shooting handheld or with a stabilizer.
- Intelligent Auto: Two modes, iA and iA Plus allow the camera to select the appropriate scene mode for the scene you are shooting. In iA Plus mode you can adjust the brightness and color, while allowing the camera to control the other settings.
- The camera incorporates a built in microphone, and two 3-pin XLR audio inputs for line or mic level input. Manual adjustments are via dials set into the side of the camera so you can adjust the levels during the shot without having to pull up a menu function. The dials are inset, making it less likely to accidentally change the settings.
- Control and monitor the HC-X1000 in real time from a distance by using the Panasonic Image App on a smartphone or tablet device. With the camera’s NFC capabilities you can easily connect to your NFC enabled smartphone or tablet. If your smartphone or tablet is not NFC enabled, you can use QR codes to make the connection.
- The 4K images that are taken by the HC-X1000 are compatible with a wide variety of nonlinear editing software, such as Apple Final Cut Pro X, that are available separately. Plus, the included HD-Writer XE2.0 software also supports the 4K video files for editing and file management, and is available for download.
For all your video production needs in Scotland, get in touch with Small Video Productions