Be first on-air and first on-line with JVC’s new GY-HM890E. This advanced 3-CMOS camera delivers pristine HD images to solid state memory while streaming via Wi-Fi or a plug-in GSM adapter. It features an interchangeable 20x Fujinon auto-focus lens, 4 channels of audio, dual memory card recording at up to 50 Mbps, an external HD-SDI pool feed input, together with a full complement of fibre and multicore studio options. It’s the most feature-rich HD camera JVC has ever offered.
- 1/3-inch 12-bit CMOS sensors (1920 x 1080 x 3)
- F12 sensitivity
- Compact shoulder design with interchangeable lens options
- Fujinon 20x optical zoom lens with AF/OIS included
- Dual SDHC/SDXC memory card recording (HD+HD, HD+SD, HD+web, etc.)
- Multiple file formats for native workflows: XDCAM EX™ (.mp4), Final Cut (.mov), AS-10 (.mxf), AVCHD (.mts), H.264 (.mov)
- Virtually lossless H.264 50Mbps recording
- 4-position ND filter (Clear, 1/4, 1/16, 1/64)
- 0.45-inch LCOS viewfinder
- High-resolution 4.3-inch LCD monitor
- Histogram display and expanded focus functions
- Focus assist function
- 12 assignable user buttons
- Variable frame rate recording (over-cranking, under-cranking)
- Wired remote control operation
- Genlock input and TC input/output
- 4-channel audio system
- HD/SD-SDI external input for recording and streaming (pool feed)
- Full complement of Fiber or Multicore studio accessories
Advanced communications capabilities
- Secure FTP file transfer from shooting location
- Tablet or smartphone camera control and monitoring
- Metadata editing via network
- Advanced streaming and cloud services
– Delivers reliable HD streams without a backpack or microwave link
– Single modem (unbonded) plugs directly into camera
– Camera processor optimises stream bandwidth
– Advanced content-aware error correction (up to 30% packet loss)
– Stream and signal status in viewfinder
– Compatible with advanced streaming services, powered by Zixi, for reliable live content delivery
Exclusive to the HM890…Pool Feed and Studio Operation
HD/SD-SDI Input (Digital Pool feed)
Digital audio and video signals from another camera or other SDI source can be recorded or streamed by the GY-HM890 thanks to its HD/SD-SDI pool feed input. This is especially useful at press conferences and other venues where the number of cameras allowed is limited. When recording from the SDI input, analog audio inputs are disabled.
KA-790 Studio Sled
KA-790 is a mechanical adapter for studio use for GY-HM890 and KA-M790. It supports the VF-HP790 LCD studio viewfinder on the top and stabilizes the entire system including an optional teleprompter. A hinged side panel makes it easy to remove the camera for shoulder use.
VF-HP790 LCD Studio Viewfinder
The VF-HP790 is an 8.4-inch XGA (1024×768 pixels) LCD studio viewfinder compatible with GY-HM890. Designed to mount to the KA-790 Studio Sled, it is equipped with a large tally indicator and screen hood. A fully digital interface provides all of the camera’s viewfinder indications: safety markers, focus assist, power and clip management. The VF-HP790 is also provided with an HDSDI input for monitoring an external signal.
KA-M790 Multi-core studio interface unit
The KA-M790 is a small and compact interface unit that enables Studio/EFP operation.
HDW : If you don’t need the pool feed or the ability to fit into the studio configuration the GY-HM850 will give you all you need and more, once again JVC have given us high end video cameras and kept the media onto SDHC/SDXC cards.
For all your video production needs in Scotland, get in touch with Small Video Productions