Both the GY-HM850 (£5200) and GY-HM890 (£6400) models utilise a very nicely-weighted shoulder-mount form factor, with the GY-HM890 also designed for use as an HD studio camera or multi-camera field production camera. It has a multi-pin connection that accommodates JVC fibre or multi-core camera modules and is compatible with a full range of studio components, including customised studio sled, zoom and focus controls, CCUs and 8.4-inch LCD viewfinder, as well as box-style lenses from Canon and Fujinon.
The GY-HM890 also includes an HD/SD-SDI pool feed input that can record and stream video and audio from another camera or SDI source during press conferences or other pool feed environments. The cameras also support LANC remote controllers as well as JVC’s proprietary wired remote control system.
Both camcorders feature three, 1/3-inch 2.07 effective megapixel CMOS sensors, capturing full 1920×1080 images. The imagers provide 12-bit processing, F12 sensitivity (50Hz) and excellent signal-to-noise ratio to produce superior colour reproduction. The new Fujinon wide angle 20x zoom lens features auto focus, built-in optical image stabilisation and chromatic aberration correction. The interchangeable 1/3-inch bayonet lens also includes manual focus and iris rings.
“We believe the future is with the live video streaming and FTP service fully integrated into the camera, as demonstrated with the GY-HM850 and GY-HM890,” explained Gustav Emrich, European Product Manager, JVC Professional Products. “With the recent advancements in GSM availability and bandwidth, service providers can deliver reliable high-speed connections that can support HD streaming with a single modem. This technology is here now, and will continue to progress and improve.”
Continuing JVC’s commitment to native file workflows, the GY-HM850 and GY-HM890 record HD or SD footage as Final Cut Pro (.MOV), XDCAM EX (.MP4), AS-10 (.MXF), AVCHD (.MTS), or H.264 (.MOV) files for compatibility with most major NLE systems. Footage can be recorded using MPEG-2 or H.264 compression at a variety of bit rates, frame rates, and resolutions. Dual codecs offer simultaneous recording of a full HD file on one memory card and smaller, web friendly H.264 files on the other. Plus, a new H.264 Extreme High Quality (XHQ) recording mode, commonly used in HD SLRs, offers virtually lossless H.264 50 Mbps recording.
Dual SDHC/SDXC card slots allow simultaneous recording (for instant client copy/backup) or relay recording (for continuous shooting) to low cost, non-proprietary media. During simultaneous recording, one card can act as a continuous backup that overrides the pause function triggered by the operator. Relay recording allows virtually unlimited recording capability in the field.
- 1/3-inch 12-bit CMOS sensors (1920 x 1080 x 3)
- F12 sensitivity
- Compact shoulder design with interchangeable lens options
- Fujinon 20x optical zoom lens with AF/OIS included
- Dual SDHC/SDXC memory card recording (HD+HD, HD+SD, HD+web, etc.)
- Multiple file formats for native workflows: XDCAM EX™ (.mp4), Final Cut (.mov), AS-10 (.mxf), AVCHD (.mts), H.264 (.mov)
- Virtually lossless H.264 50Mbps recording
- 4-position ND filter (Clear, 1/4, 1/16, 1/64)
- 0.45-inch LCOS viewfinder
- High-resolution 4.3-inch LCD monitor
- Histogram display and expanded focus functions
- Focus assist function
- 12 assignable user buttons
- Variable frame rate recording (over-cranking, under-cranking)
- Wired remote control operation
- Genlock input and TC input/output
- 4-channel audio system
Advanced communications capabilities
- Secure FTP file transfer from shooting location
- Tablet or smartphone camera control and monitoring
- Metadata editing via network
- Advanced streaming and cloud services
- Delivers reliable HD streams without a backpack or microwave link
- Single modem (unbonded) plugs directly into camera
- Camera processor optimises stream bandwidth
- Advanced content-aware error correction (up to 30% packet loss)
- Stream and signal status in viewfinder
- Compatible with advanced streaming services, powered by Zixi, for reliable live content delivery
For all your video production needs in Scotland, get in touch with Small Video Productions