As the show goes into day two we now have a clear idea of whats new from the shop floor, BlackMagic Design again steel the show with a Micro Four Third mount for their new Cinema camera.
BlackMagic Cinema Camera Key Features:
• Blackmagic Cinema Camera MFT is identical to the Blackmagic Cinema Camera EF model.
• High resolution 2.5K sensor allows improved anti aliasing and reframing shots.
• Super wide 13 stops of dynamic range allows capture of increased details for feature film look.
• Built in SSD allows high bandwidth recording of RAW video and long duration compressed video.
• Open file formats compatible with popular NLE software such as CinemaDNG 12 bit RAW, Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD. No custom file formats.
• Includes no custom connections. Standard jack mic/line audio in, BNC 3 Gb/s SDI out, headphone, high speed Thunderbolt I/O technology, LANC remote control and standard DC 12-30V power connection.
• Capacitive touch screen LCD for camera settings and “slate” metadata entry.
• Compatible with extremely high quality Micro Four Thirds lenses and other mounts via adapters.
• Supports 2.5K and 1080HD resolution capture in 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97 and 30 fps.
• Thunderbolt connection allows direct camera capture via included Media Express software and supports live waveform monitoring via the included Blackmagic UltraScope software.
• Includes a full copy of DaVinci Resolve 9.0 color grading software.
My man on the floor got this shot of the new camera…
Panasonic were rather disappointing this year, once again we all expected them to update the AF101, the first large sensor professional camera to hit the market running is now looking rather tired with the likes of the Sony NEX-FS700 and the updated BlackMagic Cinema Camera.
Sony had a new camera on offer the PMW-150
– Sony’s partnership with global satellite operator SES/ Astra to explore 4K broadcasting to the home and the live stream of 4K content demonstrated at the Sony press conference
– The launch of the PMW-150 handheld XDCAM, means Sony now has the most extensive range of broadcast quality HD422 50Mbps cameras from the PMW-100 to the PMW-200
– New professional monitors – the PVM-741 OLED and LMD-941W HD LCD monitor – the first 9”monitor to have a Full HD LCD panel resolution – as Sony celebrates 15,000 global sales for its OLED monitors
– A two year strategic technology partnership with SIS Live that sees Sony cameras and technology fitted across its 20 strong fleet of HD broadcast trucks
– ITV chooses Sony camcorders for overhaul of regional news production using Sony HXC-100 cameras in studio, and PMW-500 and PMW-EX1 cameras for ENG
Canon show off the new C100
For all your video production needs in Scotland, get in touch with Small Video Productions