After phoning AJA today I have been told that the new drivers for the io HD will be about two weeks away and that AJA do not release drivers until they are 100% correct. There are at least two issues to be resolved with Apple and we are set to go. Also I was told that the Ki PRO is now shipping and they are working flat out to fulfil their back orders.
Ki Pro provides a new way of connecting production and post with its extensive analog and digital connectivity; virtually any video and audio source can be fed into Ki Pro to record pristine 10-bit ProRes 422 media that is then immediately available to edit within Apple’s Final Cut Studio.
“We have had unprecedented interest in this product, and remarkable pre-release sales coming off of our recent 24-city Ki Pro global road show,” said Nick Rashby, president, AJA Video Systems. “We’re pleased to be shipping a very robust 1.0 version, and will be supporting our customers with frequent software updates and additions. Ki Pro provides significant workflow efficiencies for everyone from cinematographers and filmmakers to editors and post professionals.”
Ki Pro allows filmmakers, broadcasters, video professionals and prosumers to skip the process of re-rendering to an editing codec by giving immediate access to full raster edit-ready Apple ProRes 422 files directly from camera. Ki Pro records hours of media to a removable storage module. The device is a small, portable unit that can sit on a table, in a bay or mounted between a camera and tripod. Ki Pro is also ideal for on-set monitoring, providing instant access to multiple display devices simultaneously.
Core Ki Pro Features:
- Record hours of pristine Apple ProRes 422 QuickTime media to a removable storage module that offers built-in FireWire 800 for immediate editing and file access on OSX.
- Record natively to Apple ProRes 422 and ProRes 422 HQ for full raster 10-bit 4:2:2 HD and SD.
- Bridge proprietary compression schemes by recording to the edit-friendly Apple ProRes 422 codec.
- Connect any digital camera via SDI or HDMI, or any analog camera with multiple input options.
- Convert in real time from SD to HD, or 720 to/from 1080, in full 10-bit quality.
- Extend client review capabilities with simultaneous recording to camera and to Ki Pro.
- Extend productive life of existing cameras and embrace future workflows with powerful conversion capabilities.
- Built-in WiFi and Ethernet for complete control via a web-browser, or iPhone.
For a complete set of features and technical specifications, please visit www.aja.com. Ki Pro is available now via AJA’s network of worldwide resellers for an MSRP of US$3995.
For all your video production needs in Scotland, get in touch with Small Video Productions